Sunday, June 28, 2009

Synchronicity

Why do people try to force any other person or living being into thinking, behaving or saying what they want? I don't think I will ever understand it, nor do I want to. We see the worst of what people are capable of when they impose their will, rather than try to find sychronistic efforts.

Taking the time to gain information that indicates an opportunity to cooperate and gain a willing partner in any endeavor for too many people seems to take more energy. I think the opposite. Resistance, in my mind, either internal (through frustration and anger) or external (push-back from an unwilling party) takes away for more energy than does the process of gathering information. But that's just me.

So why don't more people actively look for cooperative situations? Because it takes more time, and they want results right now. Not to mention having to sort through the inevitable differences that always exist between two parties. There are always some differences, and the key is finding the path and goal that are similar, where both parties gain something. Which leads to another challenge, who cares what the other party gains? Unfortunately, in my opinion, this is the predominant attitude today.

I can only do my part and look for those places and spaces where I find mutual goals and benefits, synchronicity, if you will. Situations where the actions I do take help myself or provides some joy or comfort, and first and foremost causes no harm to any other being and at the same time provides some service, joy or comfort to them as well. We have to be looking (observing) to see these opportunities when they happen.

And it helps when you are not distracted trying to force your will on someone or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment